Monday, February 15, 2010

Blind Spot

Annie cutting across my lawn, singing "Obama is a smart man with dumb ideas," had me on my porch, shaking my fist and throwing a newspaper. I judge men by their ideas. I don't like the idea of calling a man who inartistically presents me brilliance, dumb. Nothing rational comes out of Obama's mouth but he is smart because he can read a TelePrompTer, speak with an Ivy League accent, has a cute family and has political handlers who know how to win elections with force and fraud.

This country is full of clever, articulate liberals writing columns, blogs and words for TV air-heads. "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Should I call men not worth a moments time or attention smart?

California is going to elect a shiny new governor. It seems the old one has a hole in his back from where the public stuck the knife. Before I continue about the new election, I have to speak my piece. A good man deserves a fair epithet.

I was in California when the public got worked up to recall Grey Davis. The thing you need to know about the California voters is they were more bothered by Davis's boring personality than spending California into the bottom of a spittoon. All the crazies came out for that election and you didn't even see the ones that only make it to cable access TV. Schwarzenegger was the best of the crazies. The public wasn't ready for a hard-core conservative Republican. They didn't want another Democrat. Arnold had an "R" behind his name.

All the pundits spoke about the governor during the first few weeks. After that it was spotty when a pundit found an ax to grind. I speak of those early few months when outsiders paid no attention and the locals are ashamed to remember. I don't know if Schwarzenegger figured it out himself or he hired good men to figure it for him but he put his finger on the three key issues that are destroying California, cost of the unions, legislative spending and the governors lack of authority to stop it.

The governor put three propositions on the ballot for the next election to give him the authority to fix the state. The governor personally did TV commercials explaining the problems and why he needed the changes to fix them. The California lemmings didn't want the spending stopped. They just wanted the budget fixed. When the propositions failed, the pundits returned speaking knowingly of that of which they knew nothing. Schwarzenegger's actions in office after that election are well known. How you choose to judge a man so betrayed is your private counsel as it is also mine.

But I neglect our shiny new toys running for governor. Tell me fool, have you read the laws and constitution of this state? Yet, you promise that which you would have neither the power of authority to deliver. Is my misery the want of spending on education or on unions? Is it the want of spending on anything and everything that causes my misery? Oil fields that once fueled a nation lay idle. Farm lands that once fed a nation are dry and sterile. Is it want of bigger government? Speak to your subjects. Try to lead them from the desert of their own making.

California is dead and too stupid to fall over. It doesn't matter who plays governor when the state is run by the criminally insane.

Democrats piss me off and Republicans make me puke.

2 comments:

  1. The "Stupidest President Ever" award has to got to Obutthole. He's eloquent with his teleprompter, but off script can't do diddly. He makes bad decisions, but when his handlers don't control him, he's even worse.

    http://animal-farm.us/change/obutthole-the-dumbshit-president-904

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the youtube links. Nice to see someone else noticed beloved leader isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

    ReplyDelete